Linux On iPod Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 [Old] ZeroSlackr Framework - Testing Release View next topic
View previous topic
zowki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so excited for the final release of zeroslackr. You're now my second favorite ipodlinux developer next to zacaj as first! Laughing

*VeloCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, you just started my nano IPL life ^_^!
zowki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

where can i locate the files in the virtual ext3 partition, i need to change symlinks and edit files/folders and other stuff

zacaj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its in a file with the .ext3 extention I think

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

zowki wrote:
where can i locate the files in the virtual ext3 partition, i need to change symlinks and edit files/folders and other stuff

To edit the virtual ext3 partition you'll have to loop-mount it on a Linux distro like Slax. If you want to know how I can post instructions, but one of the main goals of ZeroSlackr was to make things such that you would never need to touch the ext3 file All the schemes, modules, script folders, etc. are symlinked to the data partition, with the Linux partition only used occassionally via /sandbox (for things such as default PZ2 scheme symlinking, etc.). What do you need to edit in the Linux partition?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
zowki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

quite a lot of things really but one of them is to install izilla which reads its schemes and stuff in a folder i have to make in the ext3 partition and requires some symlinking to the fonts folder

Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

zowki wrote:
quite a lot of things really but one of them is to install izilla which reads its schemes and stuff in a folder i have to make in the ext3 partition and requires some symlinking to the fonts folder

If you can give me a link to the iZilla source I can recompile it to integrate into ZeroSlackr. If you can't, link me to a binary so that I can try hex editing it. I've basically been recompiling/hex editing everything so far. Part of the organizational structure of ZeroSlackr.

I'll be doing beta testing soon in the Software development threads so that'll be where you'll see a bunch of new Slackr Packs as well as be a place to suggest/request new packs.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Due to intensive school workload, releases have been suspended until after the new year. In the meanwhile, here is a large testing release to play with until then. That's basically all the "stable" stuff I've done so far, but many things are definitely buggy and may not work/be the most up-to-date.

Compared to the Sneak Peak release, there's a lot of new stuff. Also, since it's a testing release, all packs have just been bundled together in a single installer. A size-able iDoom-Mod Wad Pack is also uploaded and the .7z file can be placed in the "Files/Downloads/Extras" folder. Also note that the Sneak Peak download is not needed for this. SVN source code will be uploaded much later due to lack of time. Any known issues/bugs will be added to the release notes, so if you find a bug, check the release notes first before posting.

> SourceForge Page

> Installer Download Link

> Release Notes & Known Issues

Quick Note: PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES before posting with problems (that INCLUDES MPD problems). MPD support here quite incomplete and theres many places where things could go wrong. For example, if you want MPD to work, you MUST create a "Music" folder in the root of your iPod (ie. along with the bin, etc and ZeroSlackr folders) and put your music files there for it to be added to MPD's database. Also, if you want your iTunes music to be added to the MPD database, you'll have to edit the "mpd.conf" file.

Until the new year! Enjoy!

~Keripo
Update: Yes, it's now 2008 but I've still got my exams this week. Just a few more days till I'm finally free . . . Wink

Last edited by Keripo Test Account on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:10 am; edited 11 times in total
ichaelmay8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo: You might have a slight problem with the self-extracting archive. When I attempt to run it, I get a message which says the following:

Quote:
ZeroSlackr.exe is not a supported archive

Note that I renamed the executable that I downloaded to ZeroSlackr instead of that long name it originally has.

This issue might be unique to my system. If you need my system specs, let me know. Anyway, is anybody else getting this error?
skittle7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't run it either and I didn't rename it.

It won't extract.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

something is up with the installer i get the same problem with the other two guys it says:

Code:
Zeroslackr-Installer-Testing-Release-2007-11-16.exe is not a supported archive

Keripo, can you upload a compressed .7z file instead of a self extracting file?

EDIT: Your reuploaded version works now

bias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i just installed it.. i really like it, all the features etc. i think its better than rockbox etc
TonkaTruck18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi i installed the zeroslacker sneak peek and it said it was a success and nothing loads up when i start the ipod, how do i load up ipodlinux? I loaded up the ipod on my comp and it says the files are on there if someone could help itd be great thx im a noob at this
ColorIpod4g

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you saying that when you turn on your ipod you see the menu where ipod linux is supposed to be selected but you do not see ipod linux?

If that is the case, what I did when that happened to me is plug in my ipod to the computer and restore it. That will delete all the music, etc off your ipod. Then after you are done restoring it, run the installer again. After that, put all of your music back on your ipod. I have put this installer on three different ipods and that same problem occurred on each of them. If you are having the same problem that I did, that should work for you.
TonkaTruck18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no instead my apple firmware loaded automatically and everything works as it was before on my ipod and i never get a screen giving me an option, am i supposed to have something on my ipod before installing the sneak peek pack? or should i restore my ipod then try it again? thanks so much for the help!! Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic