Linux On iPod Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ZeroNet [Old, see ZeroSlackr] View next topic
View previous topic
tommmiejj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

works great for me on my 4G black/white ipod

thnx alot maybe u can add a iboy extension for the next version

got no errors everything works great!
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw @#$% Leave my computer for a few hours and poof, theres uninformative and un-testing-related posts ; P Meh, not much I can do, and its only the testing stage Wink

(note: the replies are in the order of posting)

ipodphoto - Screenshots? Not really though a pic of ZeroLauncher would be nice. The installer itself is nothing but the official - something I want to avoid but have not much of a choice right now. As for a Mac installer, I would want to, but unfortunately I can't open .dmg's in Windows. If you'd like to help, you could download the MacInstaller, unpack it and repack it in a format Windows can read (ie .zip, .tar.gz, etc). Ari said he'd be doing it today, but if you could beat him to the punch... ; )

Donteatthefish - Yeah, next time I should make it so that all packages are installed by default. I'll upload a new Installer with the minor userland tweak soon. Not much of a big deal though.

Ned/Canuck/Ari - Yes, like Ari said, I've already got all normal compiling handled (MPD n MikMod as well). If extra libraries or dependancies are needed, however, I may need help for special apps such as iBoy, iDoom, Atari, etc, though I haven't tried compiling them yet to see. As for podzilla 2 stuff, I don't have anything much at all set up, but my edits will be simple and I've got my buddy Ari here to help ; ) [Ps, Nice 1k Ari - More reasons why post counts should be disabled ; P ]

ipodphoto - ZeroNet isn't a zilla, but if you're talking about the zilla modules of ZeroNet, little or no difference essentially (except with maybe a few additions and preferential changes such as adding PodWrite or rearranging the menu order). The main changes are that file location paths have been modified so everything is self-contained within a folder rather than requiring odd installations such as the configuration file going to /etc, data going to /home, and so on. Also, all zillas will be using MPD as their standard music playback system for compatibility.

tommmiejj - Thanks for testing, but you should read the full post first ; )

And I forgot to mention that PodzillaZero is "Launch Item #1" under "Zillas" while Floyd2illA is "Launch Item # 2" also under "Zillas". iBoy will probably be #1 for Arcade.

Either way, thanks all for testing. Its good to know at least that the base system works on more than just nanos - making apps work elsewhere could be trivial. But one major thing I forgot to post on;
I need configs for a universal standard!

Right now, for the default configs for each zilla, I havethe inverted theme, some sort of fancy header, load average on if possible, all shuffle and repeat all, file settings all on, clicker off, and backlight at 2. What I need for each iPod model, however, is wheel sensitivity, contrast and button debounce. With a nano, I have wheel sensitivity in the middle, but contrast and button debounce seem to have no effect what so ever. Also, wheel sensitivity set for a nano may not work welll with wheel sensitivity set for, for example, an iPod video. So when you post, please also give the specs for the settings you use! If I can get a good range of what is most used as the default, using a pre-configured settings file is better ; )

~Keripo

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
fredrik

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow this sound really awsome!
Can't wait to try it out on my nano Very HappyVery Happy

AriX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've made the required changes on the Userland to make it support Mac HFS+ and that stuff. I then replaced the .app file's resources with the modified Userland one, but I can't seem to get the .app back into the Disk Image, and the Disk Utility won't make a new one... I'll figure it out soon.

Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AriX wrote:
I've made the required changes on the Userland to make it support Mac HFS+ and that stuff. I then replaced the .app file's resources with the modified Userland one, but I can't seem to get the .app back into the Disk Image, and the Disk Utility won't make a new one... I'll figure it out soon.

Sounds awsome. Making it back into a .dmg might be a bit hassle-some as well for me, so if you can just zip it all up in any format, that would be better ; )

(Also, I'm assuming you already made the start files changes so I won't have to re-edit one? ; )

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
tommmiejj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok sorry for the uninformative post

model: 4G black/white 20GB
contrast: 7
wheel sensitivity: 3
button debounce: 8 (no idea what it does)

everything still works fine =D

p.s Ive got windows OS

edit: I put podzilla zero on here and the contrast is so <censored> up i cant find the settings its very very bright. is there a config file somewhere that makes me change the contrast via the computer. ive got ltools in case needed..
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hm, I thought the zero contrast default would definitely @#$% some iPods over. Yeah, I'll upload new versions of everything tomorrow. Also, look forward to iBoy modules (0.3.3, 0.5.3 and experimental 0.7.0 ; ) as well ; )

Tux The M$ Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ipod Mini G2:
Just installing it right now. Hopfully I won't just get a blank screen again.
Nope, still just a blank screen with the backlight on.

EDIT: OMG something just happened. I just wanted to check one more time that it wasn't working and I got the blank screen again, so I went to restart it but just before I did I saw it in the music browser!! Now I'm trying again but I'm not having any luck.
I'll keep you in touch of progress.
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, firstly, to all those expecting an update - whoops, I ended up working on iBoy instead of doing any such changes. I'll post an update when I also make a few fixes to PodzillaZero and the userland, but until then, a temporary solution is just deleting the *.conf file and recreating one from default [Note: if you're having troubles even seeing the default, then THATs a problem I'll actually need to fix ; / ] But, when work needed in one place is used elsewhere...

Whoot! Heres the full set of iBoy modules!

Seeing as the iBoy 0.3.3 was full and working, I borrowed bholland's source and rebuilt it with some nifty changes ; ) Instead of having all those toggles on the main menu, I created a "Settings" submenu for convenience. Also, I removed the ".gb" filter, meaning that you can play colour roms without the need of renaming! As a little extra, I made full use of the pop-up feature to create a nice "Credits" function. I've tested it on my nano, but I need the 4G and Mini versions to be tested. Nevertheless, should be the good, old stable iBoy 0.3.3 ; ) This iBoy version is activated using Arcade #1

As a bonus addition I made a temporary ZN Module for the newest iBoy 0.7.0! The module installs separately from the 0.3.3 version, but overwrites the current kernel with the modified one (I found no lack of features in the modified one, so shouldn't cause any probs!). Note that this is only a temporary one til Ducky n Fellni releases source code, as I had to instead hex edit it rather than recompile with changes (thus, minimal modifications). Still, nice for those who like testing for iBoy and seeting the latest development! [Works very well for my nano at least - hope the same for you!]. This iBoy version is activated using Arcade #2.

I tried recompiling the 0.5.3 version, colour port by bholland, but had some compiling issues. I'm not sure exactly what upgrades/additional features 0.5.3 had, but for now, I won't bother trying to compile it and I'll just wait til the 0.7.0 source is opened. Clean n actual colour support sure does rock ; )

~Keripo

Ps. When I do have time, however, I'll upload new sets of everything ; ) Til then, back to school will slow things down.

AriX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, having a bit of trouble with my MacBook, you see it's turning orange, so I had to format it, and send it in to Apple. I still have the files though, and I still have to make a few more changes in the podzilla file so it won't overwrite the userland.

tommmiejj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EDIT: got my screen working was like lookin around for bout an hor in the dark so i could see a lil bit and then i finally found=D
Tux The M$ Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I'm actually getting something when I boot it into ipodlinux. It may just be blank but if I try to scroll to the bottom and scroll down again the backlight doesn't come on anymore so I'm going to look further into that.
hatchinatore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so anybody got a screen shot???

Last edited by hatchinatore on Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
fuzzymonkey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I installed zeronet from windows following the instructions and when i select ipl from the bootloader its scrolls text like its booting into linux then the screen goes blank after it loads the rc file. when i press buttons or the clickwheel the backlight comes on so it seems like there is something there but i cant see anything. I have i 2G ipod mini and i tried installing pz0, floydzilla, and iboy (mini version) modules.
tommmiejj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my contrast was <censored> up too

try looking from different angles, bottom, side, top whatever if that doenst work find de zero config file and delete it

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic