Linux On iPod Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ZeroNet [Old, see ZeroSlackr] View next topic
View previous topic
tommmiejj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it gonna be possible to watch black/white film on a 4G 20GB ipod?

cuz that would be quite cool if u could watch black white like the old tv'sRazz
AriX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you added the new Mac Installer yet? You didn't seem to notice when I send you the userland, although I know it completed.

Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AriX wrote:
Have you added the new Mac Installer yet? You didn't seem to notice when I send you the userland, although I know it completed.

Yeah, received it - just forgot it was on Desktop.
Either way, the file you sent me was .tar, but the official Mac Installer also needs it gunzipped (.tar.gz). I could re-zip it, but when I extracted it to examine the files, I only noticed two differences, in the bootscript (one less line) and mounting script (extra iPod_Control symlink). Are you sure you sent me the right zip, cause as far as I know and have seen, those changes don't actually affect anything ; /

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
brainer120

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nice stuff gonna test this out
tommmiejj

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tommmiejj wrote:
Is it gonna be possible to watch black/white film on a 4G 20GB ipod?

cuz that would be quite cool if u could watch black white like the old tv'sRazz

Is anyone gonna answer this? Ive been waiting for an answer more than a week, how come nobody actually looks here?
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tommmiejj wrote:
Is anyone gonna answer this? Ive been waiting for an answer more than a week, how come nobody actually looks here?

It'll be the same answer as "Can I watch b/w videos on my 4G iPod in podzilla?". The podzilla legacy I have up there is made from a pretty current cvs build and has nothing left out - video not an exception.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
tommmiejj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo Test Account wrote:
tommmiejj wrote:

It'll be the same answer as "Can I watch b/w videos on my 4G iPod in podzilla?". The podzilla legacy I have up there is made from a pretty current cvs build and has nothing left out - video not an exception.

yeah dude ur right .. sry I thought it wasnt possible yet so i never looked Embarassed

just downloaded mopid and testin now Smile

EDIT: I used mopid, to convert them..

I did everything right, But i still get the audio buffer null thing.
I even restarted like 5 times and used clear buffer trick.

But here the funny thing, i read somewhere that someone had same prob because of bootsplash, couldnt it be that your system with the zerolauncher <censored> up my memory so i cant play videos?
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tommmiejj wrote:
I did everything right, But i still get the audio buffer null thing.
I even restarted like 5 times and used clear buffer trick.

But here the funny thing, i read somewhere that someone had same prob because of bootsplash, couldnt it be that your system with the zerolauncher <censored> up my memory so i cant play videos?

"Audio buffer null" 's a common problem which I have very little clue about. clearing the buffer doesn't always work and it might also depends on the size of the file you're trying to play (too big = iPod go @#$%). It also may be due to the slightly old podzilla CVS download that I am using, as its a month or so old so far (I will be updating to a newer one, but that's not too important right now). If you're trying to play the video on ZeroLauncher, however, thats a completely different issue. The original BleuLlauncher source code which I modified for ZeroLauncher (it turned out only to be a pretty useless and stripped down podzilla legacy build with a faulty launching mechanism), is at least 8 months old. The original files it was based on may even be older. In that case, I highly doubt that the current ZeroLauncher would be able to play videos at all [I'm rebuilding a clean and one from a stripped down CVS that will be original and no longer related to BleuLlauncher]. As for memory, at only 400kb, its pretty small and shouldn't affect memory much at all, but possibly.

I would very much appreciate it if you helped me do some testing on this matter ; )
I need you to test the video on these:
- just ZeroLauncher
- launch PodzillaZero from ZeroLauncher, then try the video
- just PodzillaZero (you'll have to replace the ZeroLauncher binary or modify the "startz" file in /etc/rc.d)
- launch Floyd2illA from ZeroLauncher, then try the video
- just Floyd2illA (same as above)
- current and latest podzilla0 CVS (just copy it anywhere into your iPod, run it through ZeroLauncher's file browser, then try the video)

I would expect Floyd2illA and the latest CVS to work and possibly PodzillaZero if I'm lucky. I won't expect any results from ZeroLauncher though.

Ps. As for the guy with the bootsplash problem, thats got nothing to do with video playback. Uncompressed video playback has always been buggy and there'll always be confusion and lots of people pointing fingers in random directions ; P Not everything posted on these forums are accurate and up to date.

tommmiejj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok thnx for info

Il help ya with the testin tomorow its gettin close to midnight in holland and have to get up at 7 tomorow:S

edit had to try 1 more time:

podzilla and floydzilla from zerolauncher dont work. ( i tried with a small video file (8 mb) so it cant be the size)

with podzilla it gives me the null error, floydzilla just beames me back to the zerolauncher.

Podzilla0 new build also gives me the null error

and via just the zerolauncher doesnt work either, it tells you something like it no default action for this filetype.

the rest i am gonna try tomorow

so i still have to try out just pod zilla and just floydzilla right?

thnx for all the time and effort you spend on this=D

Aight just podzilla movies work!!

with floyd i cant start it.. i mean when i replace the zerolauncher with floyd it still loads podzilla:L]

well its real cool u were right about podzilla 0 and the movies!!! its reel cool!
Ferry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i tried videos with podzillazero ..

when i compress it with MoPid, there is audiobuffer null error.
when i compress it with mv_encoder to a mvpd file then i have no pictures but i can hear the sound -.- .. damn i want to see AND hear my videos ^^

cya -Ferry-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if u need any more info or if you dont understand what i wrote above just ask..

cuz i cant wait for it just too all work:)
Stern

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mv_encoder only works with mv_player, you can't watch .mvpd movies through pz0. The "Audio Buffer NULL" issue arises when there isn't enough memory available - cut down on the number of programs that you run prior to the video. Bootsplash could be a possible cause of this lack of memory.

Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stern wrote:
mv_encoder only works with mv_player, you can't watch .mvpd movies through pz0. The "Audio Buffer NULL" issue arises when there isn't enough memory available - cut down on the number of programs that you run prior to the video. Bootsplash could be a possible cause of this lack of memory.

Right now I'm experimenting with a) the KillAll binary to essentially quit ZeroLauncher and others first, and b) an extremely stripped down podzilla0 from CVS (got down to 440kb so far, and it'll keep on going down!). Since it does have the latest CVS code (for which the video files actually haven't changed for a few months), any ZeroLauncher or podzilla0 builds from now on should have all standard uncompressed playback. They will, however, lack some needless functions such as games, usb/fw connection detection and schemes ; P But thats why there's Floydzilla.

As for bootsplash, I haven't even tried it as I can't test it myself (nanos unsupported), so that shouldn't be an issue. The main issue is an old BleuLlauncher (400kb+) running under a big pz0 (1mb+). Thus the definite need of the KillAll binary.

tommmiejj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dude I really respect uSmile

I really really like all the <censored> your doing!!!

if u need another tester for the 4G 20 gb b/w just post here
Ill be available to help ya;)
Peachey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive tryed the two existing Mac installers and neitehr work, the official installer seems to freak out when you try to install another loader with it. And the main prob with the experimental one is that it refuses to start.

Is it just the loader that gets changed with this? If so I could install it using Kanjovs installer pretty easily.

But I dont think it is just the loader.

Have you any idea if the software will work on HFS+ iPods once its installed?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic