Linux On iPod Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ZillaZero [Old, see ZeroNet!] View next topic
View previous topic
fredrik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

seansracey wrote:
completely redownload the ZZ1.3 again and unzip it again after deleting the previous one. try the installer then without updating the kernel or anything else. tell me if that works.

Downloaded everything again, and didn't changed the kernels name or anything. Same problem.

musaf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a invalid sysinfo file. I've already reboot ipod and computer,formated it. please help me ?

Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I must say, I am in a complete state of anger against minix shell. Here's a patch that should solve kernel problems, replaces Floyd with the official one (my MPD one does not work), and was suppose to fix any rc problems that arose before. But, due to the @#$%en minix shell crap syntax, it doesn't seem to recognize my "if [ -e ___ ]; then ****; fi" commands at all and thus MPD still doesn't start (I could easily just force the rc file to start MPD, but it does cause a few problems for Podzilla 2 (unable to load all modules) and iDoom, and disabling it can be hassle-some). If you really want MPD to work, remove a lot of PZ2 modules and edit the rc file to get rid of the if and fi lines before and after the MPD lines. Either way, it all works and I don't plan on doing any more for now til I learn minix shell more (I'll be away from home for the next week anyway, so chio!

http://www.millarnet.com/keripo/

Download the rar and extract it to the folder containing the installer, overwriting the packages.ipl file. Either reinstall the entire thing or run the Installer again and choose the patches (should be selected as default).

~Keripo

Edit:

Changed the patch a bit, so you'll need to redo if you applied it an hour or so before this edit. For sysinfo errors, thats an Installer 2 problem - no idea what causes it though, but you'll need to reformat and restore your iPod and try again, hoping for no error.

And in reply about ZZ Beta - iif you search many pages before, you will find out that I changed my mind and didn't plan on one. Same today. I don't plan on making a ZZ Beta as the purpose of ZZ was to create a customized Triple Threat for nanos only as a better alternative. At the moment, I'm working on something similar to the idea behind Triple Threat, but not entirely. Planning to call it ZeroNet (you got a sneaky peak from my attempt at altering the base userland system), it'll basically be a network of zillas, applications and launchers integrated together allowing maximum functionality, and not just limited to the nano. Instead of a basic BleuLlauncher with a few options, I'll be using a modified one with categories (ie, Zilla, Applications, etc). Instead of using one normal Podzilla 2, there'll be multiple versions for different tasks (ie, one for games that retrieves modules from /usr/lib/Arcade, one for tool modules, etc) and so forth, all using MPD as the base music playback system instead of the old, non-multi-tasking one. Basically I'm trying to create a closed system that fits together and yet allows for as much as possible. Far more ambitious than a simple menu that lets you choose between three choices. ; )

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
fredrik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo Test Account wrote:

And in reply about ZZ Beta - iif you search many pages before, you will find out that I changed my mind and didn't plan on one. Same today. I don't plan on making a ZZ Beta as the purpose of ZZ was to create a customized Triple Threat for nanos only as a better alternative. At the moment, I'm working on something similar to the idea behind Triple Threat, but not entirely. Planning to call it ZeroNet (you got a sneaky peak from my attempt at altering the base userland system), it'll basically be a network of zillas, applications and launchers integrated together allowing maximum functionality, and not just limited to the nano. Instead of a basic BleuLlauncher with a few options, I'll be using a modified one with categories (ie, Zilla, Applications, etc). Instead of using one normal Podzilla 2, there'll be multiple versions for different tasks (ie, one for games that retrieves modules from /usr/lib/Arcade, one for tool modules, etc) and so forth, all using MPD as the base music playback system instead of the old, non-multi-tasking one. Basically I'm trying to create a closed system that fits together and yet allows for as much as possible. Far more ambitious than a simple menu that lets you choose between three choices. ; )

Sounds cool, I guess ur not going to make a new account either? :P

Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alrighty. I've been tweaking a bit more with Installer 2 and I've somehow made it not install any loader at all. So I redid everything and I'm happy to say that it was for the better ; )
Now instead of using a prebuilt userland, Installer 2 installs the basic, normal system and then installs everything ZZ needs over that. Better yet, instead of having Installer 2 unzip and install all the modules and schemes (a whoopin 22 mb), I symlinked em to the root and moved the lib and share folders to "_root files" folder so you copy em over manually - 10 times faster, guaranteed!

http://www.millarnet.com/keripo/ZillaZero%20Installer%201.3.2%20%5BNetworkless%5D.rar

~Keripo

And yes, I will be making a new account named "Keripo". The moment, however, isn't soon ; )

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
happymanj05

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm back!
i switched to rockbox alone momentarily.
it says cannot read sysInfo file...
wah. i was really looking foward to an easy ZZ.[/quote]
seansracey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i should have saw the new one earlier... i tried unstalling the earlier one on this page, and got a frozen apple screen, then in disk mode for the same thing taking 3 hours. hopefully this one works. i really appreciate the time you are putting into this.
seansracey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

great! the blulauncher works now. but more problems with pz2 sorry to say. error 1:/usr/lib/lib: no such file or directory and 2: no modules or schemes on pz2. but they do show up on my computer.
srhHACKER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank You Trying It Right Now
srhHACKER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh Yeah ! About the SYS Error all you after to do is format your ipod and update it and keep on doing it intil it reads your ipod
fredrik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Everything works great until 44% when this popup shows.
Anyone knows how to ''fix'' it?

Last edited by fredrik on Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
happymanj05

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so much formatting!
it still can't read my ipod...
5th restore....

EDIT: ohhh! *just turned brain back on*
it doesn't work for the newest june updater.
my sysinfo was blank.

yay! installing... it didn't take this long manually... did it?
Nightshade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

why doesnt the modules work or shemes?

keripo? evrything just works fine instead of podzilla2
seansracey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pz2 is working at 100% with the scheme symlink problem fixed. only problem is that no modules, schemes, or fonts installed. well, at least not many. i get no games on it, familiar, mono, and inverse are the schemes, and i get chicago, epsy sans, podium sans, and unifont only for fonts. im guessing that these are just the ones written into pz2. also, the error no directory or file usr/lib/lib makes me think that the modules/schemes are in the wrong place or something. is there any way to manually install modules/appearance with the new loader? other than that it is great! i love the new setup, especially the ipl loader 2.4 screen Smile maybe when you get a more stable version out, you can have the mods sticky it.
Nightshade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw man, this rocks but only wanna know how to manually install those modules or schemes, they are in my ipod drive but still nothing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic