Linux On iPod Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ZillaZero [Old, see ZeroNet!] View next topic
View previous topic
AriX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey, just a few corrections:
#1 the reason why you get those errors on PZ2 bootup is cause your using both mpdc and mpd. (I'm pretty sure that's why)
#2 they're called symlinks not syslinks
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
happymanj05

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

one: do videos work for you?
two: they do not work in all three, i put "videos" in "notes".
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

happyman#1: The default.cs file that comes with nightlies do not work properly, nor does the one in the zip. Thats why you have to do the extra instruction of making a copy of an actual scheme file and making the small name and file name change.

AriX: That does stop the errors from pop-ing up, but it also stops MPD from working. If you want MPD to run in PZ2, you'll have to live with two extra error pop-ups every reboot. And yeah, it is "symlink". I just type "syslink" as each time I think "symlink", I keep thinking "symetrical", while "syslink" registers as "system link" which I find more logical. But yes, it is "symlink".

happyman#2: I haven't tried, but if it doesn't its either because your movie file is too big for the iPod to handle or there are other zilla issues that I have no control over. The zillas in this zip are a bit old, so they might not work fully, but in ZZBeta, I'll be updating the zip periodicaly.

~Keripo

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
AriX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo Test Account wrote:
happyman#1: The default.cs file that comes with nightlies do not work properly, nor does the one in the zip. Thats why you have to do the extra instruction of making a copy of an actual scheme file and making the small name and file name change.

AriX: That does stop the errors from pop-ing up, but it also stops MPD from working. If you want MPD to run in PZ2, you'll have to live with two extra error pop-ups every reboot. And yeah, it is "symlink". I just type "syslink" as each time I think "symlink", I keep thinking "symetrical", while "syslink" registers as "system link" which I find more logical. But yes, it is "symlink".

happyman#2: I haven't tried, but if it doesn't its either because your movie file is too big for the iPod to handle or there are other zilla issues that I have no control over. The zillas in this zip are a bit old, so they might not work fully, but in ZZBeta, I'll be updating the zip periodicaly.

~Keripo

What do you mean "That does stop the errors from pop-ing up, but it also stops MPD from working."? I never gave any solution. I just gave the cause. Here is the solution: If the etc/rc file runs MPD, you can delete the "MPD" module from PZ2 and it will still work. If the etc/rc file doesn't run MPD, you can delete the "MPDc" module from PZ2 and it will still work.
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MPD will always "work" if you have it started by the rc file. You just can't access it in PZ2 without the three modules. Yes, you can start MPD elsewhere, switch to PZ2, and the music will still play, but you can't control it within PZ2. And for most people, PZ2's the only way to start it up.

[b]Unless[b], Ari, you let me include your pre-built Floydzilla in this package *hint-hint* ; )
It'll let people have MPD and iBoy at the same time. I just need your permission please! Wink

djdutrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey, I can host this for you, as a mirror, because megaupload sucks, just contact me

djdutrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey, this works, this is basically the only ALL IN ALL zip that has been made that actually works! good jobb Very Happy

giJEW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

does this work for the video as well?
happymanj05

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no one's tried. plz do.
AriX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo Test Account wrote:
MPD will always "work" if you have it started by the rc file. You just can't access it in PZ2 without the three modules. Yes, you can start MPD elsewhere, switch to PZ2, and the music will still play, but you can't control it within PZ2. And for most people, PZ2's the only way to start it up.

[b]Unless[b], Ari, you let me include your pre-built Floydzilla in this package *hint-hint* ; )
It'll let people have MPD and iBoy at the same time. I just need your permission please! Wink

sure you can include it
I'll upload it to the wiki in a second

UPDATE: There is now a wikipage. It's not quite done yet, but it has a download and installation instructions. You can find it at: http://ipodlinux.org/Floydzilla_with_MPD Be sure to read the line about what to do when using MPD with iBoy.
Osiris0290

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*Cough* Did you get permission to release this?

AriX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

umm... what do you mean?
It's all open-source
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dont worry osiris, he was the one who first sent it to me Wink

Samuca_RJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how do i quit atari ??? i can play in it but i cant leave =X i alread pressed everything (i guess)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Keripo
Could you try to delete the MPD (not MPDc) module and see if it still plays music? If it doesn't, something's wrong. My iPod doesn't have the MPD module yet PZ2 still works with MPD.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic