Linux On iPod Forum Index
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ZillaZero [Old, see ZeroNet!] View next topic
View previous topic
vietlikwid

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo, I extracted all the files to my root folder but when i disconnect and boot up iPl, when it boots up to that black screen with blue text a bunch of no such directory or something like that comes about half way into it...it was a little quick so i couldnt tell. I have an iPod nano 1GB with the latest upgrade from Apple, I used the windows installer provided by iPl to install linux onto my nano, which automatically installs podzilla. I understand that you are unable to run start files so i used AriX's tutorial to enable start fileshttp://ipodlinux.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10712. I was just wondering if installing linux with the windows installer could somehow be causing these problems....or should it install correcty anyway. And just some more info, all the folders that are supposed to be removed by the start file still remains in the root of my ipod, which is under hp in linux...
masgar86

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hello, cud ne1 post a mirror to zerozilla.zip.

the limit on megaload for my country (India) seems to be always full.
Confused

thanx in advance
zega190

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When ever i load pz2 it says mpd could not be loaded? how do i fix this i've done what it says on the first page about the other folder i need what should i do in this situation

Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the late response.
I probably won't be making another mirror for this til release ZZ Beta (quite different), so you'll just have to keep on trying. As for the installation problem, I haven't tried out the new installer, so I'm not sure. The only necessary things should be that 1) your iPod can read /hp/start scripts from the rc, 2) your iPod's main root is /hp, and 3) everything is in the root of your iPod (this means you have a file named start and a few folders such as "etcFiles", etc.). Seeing that theres a bunch of "no such directory" lines or such, its either the /hp prob or where you unzipped the files too.

Zega190 - check if the mpd.conf file is pointing to the right place and you have the modules "MPD", "MPDc", and "libstdcxx". Also check that, in your rc file, there is no "#" before "/bin/mpd" and "/bin/mpd --updatedb-"

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
fredrik

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo, when is the ZeroZilla beta coming out? Do you have a date?

AriX

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vietlikwid wrote:
Keripo, I extracted all the files to my root folder but when i disconnect and boot up iPl, when it boots up to that black screen with blue text a bunch of no such directory or something like that comes about half way into it...it was a little quick so i couldnt tell. I have an iPod nano 1GB with the latest upgrade from Apple, I used the windows installer provided by iPl to install linux onto my nano, which automatically installs podzilla. I understand that you are unable to run start files so i used AriX's tutorial to enable start fileshttp://ipodlinux.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10712. I was just wondering if installing linux with the windows installer could somehow be causing these problems....or should it install correcty anyway. And just some more info, all the folders that are supposed to be removed by the start file still remains in the root of my ipod, which is under hp in linux...

Unfortunitly, there is a bug in the current version of the start file installer that causes it to not be able to run most start files. To fix it, use the Floydzilla installer (mine not the original, look for it in the Release Announcements forum) and then try installing again.

Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fredrik wrote:

Unfortunately I'm doing too many things at once (tons of school work + Flash video + Kol stuff + this) so I can't say it'll be soon. I'm also working on copiling the iPodLinux History expansion pack, and probably plan to make a BleuLlauncher-type launcher (after learning C) before I release anything. Finally, once I've got it working on my nano, I'll be needing to search for testers for other models so that it'll be Win-Mac-Linux compatable and be able to support all models (colour and non) with some exceptions possibly for the video. And to top it off, there's no March/Winter Break of kind between now and the summer, so its only slow progress here and there. I may possibly be searching for testers by the end of June, but a final and complete suite (including numerous specially built zillas) will probably come during the summer (when I have time) or later. Why so much work? Because I'm organizing an entire network of zillas allowing you access to every possible aspect and program of iPodLinux that has ever been created. And it'll be definitely worth it ; )

~Keripo

[I've got all planning done, just need the time to construct and learn C. If you're anxious, I can type up the layout I've planned so far here.]

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
fredrik

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo Test Account wrote:
fredrik wrote:

Unfortunately I'm doing too many things at once (tons of school work + Flash video + Kol stuff + this) so I can't say it'll be soon. I'm also working on copiling the iPodLinux History expansion pack, and probably plan to make a BleuLlauncher-type launcher (after learning C) before I release anything. Finally, once I've got it working on my nano, I'll be needing to search for testers for other models so that it'll be Win-Mac-Linux compatable and be able to support all models (colour and non) with some exceptions possibly for the video. And to top it off, there's no March/Winter Break of kind between now and the summer, so its only slow progress here and there. I may possibly be searching for testers by the end of June, but a final and complete suite (including numerous specially built zillas) will probably come during the summer (when I have time) or later. Why so much work? Because I'm organizing an entire network of zillas allowing you access to every possible aspect and program of iPodLinux that has ever been created. And it'll be definitely worth it ; )

~Keripo

[I've got all planning done, just need the time to construct and learn C. If you're anxious, I can type up the layout I've planned so far here.]

Okay, sounds great with all the zillas and stuff Very Happy and yeah, i would love to see the layout.

redfox

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! This looks totally amazing, I will donate if it works!! Shame its going to take 6 hours to transfer to root haha!

-E Laughing
ionvas

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I Installed it on my friends nano and it worked perfectly. Laughing

One probem though idoom worked the first time and now it never loads for some reason....

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ionvas wrote:
I Installed it on my friends nano and it worked perfectly. Laughing

One probem though idoom worked the first time and now it never loads for some reason....

I've the same problem Sad
And the same thing with Podzilla2, works fine the first time, then the second nothing works.

rtp0702

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry I'm pretty noobish, so I have some problems on getting this thing installed.
I have a 2gb nano, what are the permlimenaries before you copy and paste everything. Is it off of a clean format, or after using installer2, or do you have to use arab_freaks tut or what. Whatever I do I always end up botting to the original podzilla. There's 2 start files, and theres multie podzillas in the podzillae section, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Can someone help?
Keripo Test Account
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ionvas - iDoom does not work via the BleuLlauncher quick-start (I'll be changing that in beta) nor will it if MPD is set to run every boot (purely due to lack of memory). To use it, start it via file browser and make sure the rc file is edited with a "#" before "/bin/mpd" and "/bin/mpd --update-db". I don't remember the original rc file, so check yourself. Either way, my launcher will include the "killall" binary to get around the memory problem (hopefully).

fredrik - its a PZ2 problem, not installation problem. The "temprary" fix is added on the first post, first page, but each time you change a scheme, it'll screw up. If you want to use another scheme other than blackglass, make that the default, but you won't be able to swap on the go. Blame PZ2 ; P (might be fixed in newer builds, so update and try it out).

rtp0702 - This is a "substitution" for the normal podzilla - not an iPL installer (I should make one though). So follow arab_freak/ tequilaguru's tutorial, cept when you reach the step for copying over the "podzilla" file and making the "start" file, unzip the zip to your root instead as it contains the pre-written "start" file and other needed ones.

Me wrote:
If you're anxious, I can type up the layout I've planned so far here

I looked at my messy sheet and I've concluded I'm too lazy to type it out. I'll just scan the page and upload it on Tuesday and you can try to decipher my messy writing. You will note that I will be writing a custom BleuLlauncher class called "Zero Launcher", a zilla named "ZeroZilla", and the whole system will be called the "Zero Net". So no more confuzing "Zilla Zero Beta" name - just "Zero Net". (or maybe I should just call it "Two", or maybe even "One" - "THE One")

~Keripo

rtp0702

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Keripo Test Account wrote:
rtp0702 - This is a "substitution" for the normal podzilla - not an iPL installer (I should make one though). So follow arab_freak/ tequilaguru's tutorial, cept when you reach the step for copying over the "podzilla" file and making the "start" file, unzip the zip to your root instead as it contains the pre-written "start" file and other needed ones.

Ok so I did that, and the first time it comes on I choose to boot to pz2. After I choose restart, when its loading i get
Code:
Could not run '/etc/rc': Exec format error
No more tasks for init -- sleeping forever

Also there was no modules for pz2, do I have to get these myself?
Thanks..
noseed574

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how do u use idictionary or play iboy?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic