– dn-costumes-v11-Resources-cn.zip – Required
– Weapons/dn-costumes-v11-cl_flail.zip – Flail
– Weapons/dn-costumes-v11-cl_mace.zip – Mace
– Weapons/dn-costumes-v11-cl_shield.zip – Shield
– Weapons/dn-costumes-v11-cl_wand.zip – Wand
See the NA Current Armors thread for cross-checking costume names.
Melon’s Gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/113686140302726385788
Keroara’s Gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/102343876178268259639
Disclaimer: These screenshots are NOT taken by me. Some costumes in the gallery may not be included in this pack. The costume mods included in this pack are AUTO-GENERATED from the DN-NA and DN-CN clients. Do NOT request for custom costumes.Info
Mods generated with:
– DN-NA v33
– DN-CN v85
These mods will allow you to replace specific costume parts with those from another costume set. The format of each mod is “Resource00-*your-costume-part*-*custom-costume-part*.pak”. Note that most of these mods are untested, especially those that do not belong to the correct class (ar = archer, cl = cleric, so = sorceress, wa = warrior). Do not request a “fix” for a non-class-matching costume!
These costume mods packs were created using “dn-costumes-tools”. For more information on how to create your own mods, see this thread
(make sure to modify all instructions to include the version numbers for the zips)
1) Download the costume pack for the costume/part you want to replace graphics for.
2) Extract the zip somewhere and open up the folder.
3) Decide on which costume parts to use for your custom costume (one wing, helmet, body, boots, glove, and leg file, plus two weapon parts). See the “Screenshots” section above for photo-galleries of how each costume looks (the costume part names are in the picture’s url/caption).
4) Copy the .pak files to your Dragon Nest install folder (e.g. “C:/Program Files/Nexon/Dragon Nest/”)
5) Download the “dn-costumes-v#-Resources-cn.zip” file and extract those .pak files to your Dragon Nest install folder.
Do NOT forget this step or you might just see a floating head!
6) Run Dragon Nest and put on the replaced costume (for default, remove all your costumes parts).
7) Exit Dragon Nest and mix-and-match until you’re satisfied ^_^
Note: Don’t forget to remove ALL mods before doing a game update – otherwise the update process might screw up (and you’ll have to re-install Dragon Nest)!
What is this?
These are tools to create mods to replace your in-game character costume with custom ones. All costumes used already exist in-game; these mods change specific costumes to use different skin files (and thus graphics) of the costume of your choice.
Is this legal?
All these mods are client-sided only, meaning they only affect what YOU see (not what others see). Apart from making your character look more awesome/badass/cute/etc., they do not affect actual gameplay. From what I’ve heard, Nexon frowns upon client mods but historically hasn’t banned anyone (except on Vindictus where they’ve banned for using nude mods apparently). Needless to say, use these mods at your own risk ;P
How do I know how each mod looks like?
The easiest way is to look them up in the photo-gallery posted by Melon here (the costume name is in picture’s title and/or image file’s url). Otherwise, you can use either DNModelBrowser or SageThumbs that come with “dn-costume-tools” here.
How can I mod my current costume?
As of the moment, these packs only provide graphic replacements for the weapons, default costumes, and costumes in the DN-NA cash shop. If you want to replace the graphics of your current in-game costume, you will have to modify and re-run the scripts in “dn-costumes-tools/Scripts/” to recreate all the mods for your specific costume .skn files. To figure out the .skn file name of your costume, see the DNCostumeRenamer section here.
Costume mod file xxx.pak doesn’t work!
I have not tested most of these .paks as there’s far too many. I also do not have any wings or hats so I cannot test modding for those two parts (if you’re feeling generous though, feel free to mail some to Majestyca on the Argenta server of DN-NA). Please let me know regardless and I’ll remove them from the costume pack downloads (until a workaround is found).
~KeripoDragonNestMods Forums: http://dragonnestmods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215
8,646 total views, 5 views today