Faster Rerolls using Helium (No root required, Android only!) from grandorder
On Android, due to root checks, the current way of rerolling (i.e. recreating new accounts until you get a good SSR at the start) is either clearing the app data, or completely deleting and reinstalling the app. Every time you do this, however, you must sit and wait for the app to re-download all the initial game data. On the JP servers, with a solid internet connection, this will take 10-15 minutes. On the NA launch servers, expect this to take 30 minutes or more. When you start up the game for the first time, the following happens:
1. 1) App connects to servers for version check
2. 2) App downloads initial game data
3. 3) App shows launch screen (which will also show your account ID if you have one already)
4. 4) App creates a new account and starts initial story mode (followed by tutorial) once you tap the launch screen
To reroll, you need to delete the file which stores your account info. On a rooted device, you can directly delete that file, but on an unrooted device, the only way to delete that file is to delete ALL the app data files, which would include that huge initial game data. One way that I’ve found to work around this, however, is through app data snapshotting and restoring using Helium.
**Using this tutorial will reduce your reroll time by at least 10 minutes (even more for NA launch)**
The below steps are a summary of [this tutorial](https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-backup-and-restore-app-data-with-or-without-root), which includes pretty pictures/screenshots. I recommend checking out the original tutorial first if you find the below steps too confusing.
1. 1) Install the [Helium Android app](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en) on your phone
2. 2) Turn on [USB Debugging Mode](https://www.google.com/search?q=usb+debugging+android) for your phone so you can connect it to your computer
3. 3) Install [USB Drivers](https://developer.android.com/studio/run/oem-usb.html) for your phone so your computer can recognize your phone
4. 4) Install the [Helium desktop app](http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon) on your computer (I used the Windows version)
5. 5) Connect your phone to your computer and make sure USB debugging is active by checking your phone’s notification bar. On newer phones, you will first get a “Allow USB debugging?” prompt.
6. 6) Run the Helium desktop app. It should tell you to run the Helium Android app
7. 7) Launch the Helium Android app. It should connect up with Helium desktop app
8. 8) You can now disconnect your phone and close the Helium desktop app
9. 9) Disable USB Debugging Mode on your phone
**IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLES WITH THESE STEPS, PLEASE CONSULT GOOGLE FIRST BEFORE POSTING!**
1. 1) Install Fate/Grand Order app. Make sure this is a clean install.
2. 2) Launch the app and let the app download the initial game data
3. 3) When you get to the launch screen (blue with the F/GO logo), close the app without continuing (if you continue, an account will be created and you will need to clear the app data or uninstall and redownload FGO again)
4. 4) Launch Helium Android app
5. 5) Select the F/GO app, make sure “App Data Only” is checked, and tap “Backup”
6. 6) Select “Internal Storage” as your backup destination. I’m not sure if external SD card also works (since my phone doesn’t have one) but it should in theory.
7. 7) A data encryption confirmation dialog may briefly pop up. Make sure to tap the right confirm button before it gets auto-dismissed. If you don’t, I think the backup will still go through, it just won’t be encrypted, which you don’t want anyway.
1. 1) Launch F/GO. You should go to the launch screen after the server connect
2. 2) Tap the launch screen to start the account creation
3. 3) Go through initial story and tutorial until you get to your tutorial 10-roll (with a guaranteed 4*)
4. 4) After the tutorial 10-roll, clear 2 more story quests until you have access to your Mailbox
5. 5) Pick up your free 42 quartz (thanks to the Facebook NA launch event)
6. 6) Do a normal 10-roll and pray to RNGesus
7. 7) Flip tables because RNGesus gave you crappy rolls. [Yorokobe shounen](https://imgur.com/4ijs1YF).
8. 8) Close F/GO and launch the Helium app
9. 9) Switch to the “Restore and Sync” tab and select “Internal Storage” (or wherever you selected earlier as your backup destination)
10. 10) Select F/GO and tap “Restore”
11. 11) Wait ~5 minutes for the backup to restore. You may also get a similar encryption prompt like earlier, which will also auto-dismiss if you don’t interact with it.
12. 12) Once the backup finishes restoring, launch F/GO again
13. 13) Hopefully if you did everything right, you will be able to skip the initial game data download and go straight to starting up (yet another) new account (and later cursing Kotomine Kirei again)
Note: If you restarted your phone since you last connected it to the computer, you will need to reconnect it and run the Helium Android app + desktop app again. I’m not 100% sure why this is needed, but my guess is that the Helium desktop app enables some Android system flag over adb, which allows all of this to happen.
And that’s all! Hopefully you will get it working for your setup and save yourself a LOT of time rerolling (if Aniplex potato servers don’t go down for Unlimited Maintenance Works of course). And remember, while rolling for your waifu, [Never Give Up!](https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6jd6kh/reminder_for_those_rerolling_for_waifus_on_na_day/)
[Don’t Let Memes **Be Dreams**](#reee)